A Day in the Life of a Freelancer



Okay, I think this post is also one of the highly requested posts when it comes to freelancing topics. There are so many people around the world who are dreaming to have the life of a successful freelancer and I am one of them. Yes, I am a freelancer but I don’t consider myself successful in a way that I ever dreamed. So let’s go and talk about a day in the life of a freelancer.

I wake up like around 7am to 8am in the morning. It is not considered early yet, I can’t consider it late for my job because I have all my scheduled time to do it. Soon as I woke up, I just fix my bed and go straight to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. After that, I look and make something to eat. I usually have rice and eggs in the morning but sometimes, I just like having my coffee and hot pandesal with butter. (Yeah, I am a Filipino that is why I eat pandesal and it is my favorite.)

Then I open my laptop to check my emails. I like checking emails using my laptop because I might get to stick with my phone for few hours and forget to do my work. When there is a blog collaboration offer, I answer them immediately and check the stats of my blogs. (I own three blogs including this.)

Around 9am to 11am, I just want to watch TV and sit on the couch while checking all my social media accounts. At 12pm, I make sure to eat my lunch then do the dishes and take a nap. So where is the working part? Haha, be patient. When I wake up around 2pm, I take my shower and get dressed. I take my shower at noon because we have no air conditioner and the weather is so hot these days.With my slippers and usual day outfit, I open my laptop again and start working until 6pm. I eat dinner around 7pm while watching TV. I like watching TV haha.

After I finished my meals, I do the dishes again and do my night care routine. I wash my face, change to my sleeping clothes and moisturize my face. Then, I get ready to work from 9pm to 12pm depends upon the needs of my clients. I sleep around 11pm (when I finish my work early) to 12pm. I like working at night because it is a little bit colder compared to daytime. I think my routine will change eventually when there are changes to my clients and workloads. So I normally work for five to six hours a day and I am okay with it. I do what I want and sometimes, I go out during day time to do grocery shopping and meet some friends. The last time I went out with friends, we watched a movie then go home and work on the best possible time that I like. I am happy with this set up. No boss, no problem.

I will update this when I get to change my work schedule with my new clients. Soon!



7 comments:

  1. Great post dear! Happy Thursday ! :)xx

    Vildana from Living Like V
    TOMORROW BLOGIVERSARY --> Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its not too easy right? Haha
    Great post!
    https://softcutie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also freelencer, it can be hard sometimes. Great post hun :)

    Teen fashion corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a inspiring article! I'm not a freelancer (yet) but I really think that being happy doing our work is the most important thing!

    http://letrendycharm.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

WritingMeow. Powered by Blogger.