How much do I earn as a freelancer?



I am not yet a freelancer for a very long time but there are people who keep on asking me how much I earn while working at home. I started doing freelance writing last year while working in the corporate industry. I took a part time job on Upwork for one to two hours a day. I started earning at the rate of $3 per hour and I can say that it’s not enough for me since I just work part time. When you sum it all, it will be like $30 per week. Not enough for my expenses. Here in the Philippines, $30 is an okay additional income per week.  I have this client for almost seven months. I felt thankful because when I decided to take a break from my full-time job, I was still able to provide for my needs.


I started to look for a new job and luckily, I found a new one. I was still doing the part-time Upwork job and I feel like I needed to do it full time. I am not happy with the job that I got so I resigned after working there for three months and took a week vacation. When I get back, I got a message that I am hired full time for a new job on Upwork.


Now that I am doing it for almost four months, I am now earning more per week which depends on the number of hours that I worked times my hourly rate. To give you an idea if you’re a Filipino wanting to do freelance online jobs, your income will always depend on you. The more hours you work, the more your pay. The higher your fixed rate, then you’ll also get a higher income. I can’t give an exact amount because it changes every week but I can say that you can save and earn more based on my experience. I am earning enough to pay my bills, book a ticket for my next travels and save half of it without worrying that the next day I’ll have to wait for the next payday.


Aside from freelancing, I own a blog which generates an additional income which goes straight to my savings account and some exciting freebies from brands.

No comments:

WritingMeow. Powered by Blogger.