Blogging 101: Top 5 Blogger Must-Haves




             So you want to start your own blog but, you don’t really know what you will need in order for you to cope up with the blogging world. Blogging is a hobby which you can enjoy if you love writing, taking pictures and you have a mind full of ideas. The first time that I started blogging last 2012, I have no idea about it and everything that I will need to keep on posting. I seldom write articles which are above 100 words. For me, blogging is just like Facebook or Twitter wherein you can just post as many photos as you want and short captions about it. Well, you can do that, but if you think of having a more professional blog, go for blog posts which consist of 500 words and above as well as high quality photos.
Are you ready to start a blog? Read this list of five blogger must-haves and how it can be part of your daily blogging journey.

                        Computer. You will need a computer to write your posts, edit photos and upload your contents. I started blogging without computer and all I do is to rent a computer in a café and do all my blogging tasks there. Although I’ve been into that, I can say that having your own personal computer will be different. You can just write drafts whenever you want and edit photos at night. You cannot just go out and rent a computer whenever you feel like there is a cool idea popping out of your mind especially when you can’t sleep at 2am. Invest for an affordable computer which you can use long-term. I just bought my own Lenovo netbook and it helps me a lot with my blogging tasks as well as on my freelance writing job.
             A good quality camera. I am not saying you go out shopping for the most expensive camera that you can have now. Well, if you’re rich and money is just nothing to you, then you can do that. Be realistic if you can’t purchase those expensive cameras. There are many alternatives that you can use instead of forcing yourself to buy a DSLR for your blog. Start with point and shoot cameras which also provide high-quality and clear photos. I started the wrong way because I didn’t take blogging seriously instead of getting a camera; I used the low quality camera of my phone back 2012. I upgraded to a point and shoot camera when I got my first job and I have it until now. Since there are many smartphones which have those high-quality camera features, I am now using it to take photos for my blog. I make sure to edit my photos before I upload it. I planned on getting a nice camera one day but that’s not my priority right now.

           Tripod. If you only take photos of yourself for your OOTD’s and other related photos for your blog and you don’t have someone to do it for you, get a tripod. There are many available tripods that you can use for your camera help. You don’t need to have your own photographer for your blog unless someone will volunteer to do it for you.

                   Memory Cards or Flash Drives. If you have a digital camera, you will need to have memory cards so that your computer won’t be clogged from too many photos for your blog unless whenever you posted a certain photo you will delete it to lessen the memory of your computer. You need these external storage devices to save your drafted blog posts, photos and videos.

                      Internet. One basic necessity as a blogger is Internet. We all know that we always struggling for fast Internet connection here in the Philippines. Nowadays that you can just upload photos and blog posts by using your phones, then it can be another alternative if you don’t have an Internet at home or you can get some pocket Wi-Fi. I have a pocket Wi-Fi but sometimes I get pissed because it doesn’t even connect to Internet even though I did everything to make it work.



These are my top five blogging essentials. For me, these are the most important things that every blogger should own when it comes to gadgets and tools. You will need other things depending on your chosen niche such as backgrounds whenever you want to take photos at home, flat lays background, desk, chairs and other stuff but it’s all up to you to be creative.  I will be posting more things about blogging and always keep you updated.

4 comments:

  1. Yes I agree with you! I need to buy a Tripod :)
    Nice post thanks for sharing!
    XO Erica
    www.ericavoyage.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Erica, I did that and I think all fashion bloggers who need camera help should get one:-)

      Delete
  2. You're right! Great tips for beginners.
    Great post here, beautiful. :)

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

WritingMeow. Powered by Blogger.