What’s good in blogging?



Okay, so long time ago since this title question was in the back of my mind. I started blogging since 2012 in not-so-good reasons.  I was at work and I felt really boring. I know it’s bad to do other things not related to work when you’re inside the office and company’s premises but who cares? I’ve been a bad employee those days and I discovered lots of things so I’m still thankful for being a bad employee. You will ask why I do it at work, simply because I do not have internet or computer at home. It sucks. I graduated from college and haven’t had my first computer since I was 24. Again, who cares?
Now, let’s move on and tackle everything I learned from blogging. At first, blogging for me is just a hobby and I treated it as a way to entertain myself while waiting for the clock until 5pm. I found happiness reading blogs about fashion, beauty, cooking, gardening and how to make money. Cool, the last thing that I said was awesome. I have decided to create one for myself and with no particular topic; I keep posting OOTD photos, favourite things and non-sense things. I was like more photos than words back then. Now, that blog is turning four this coming October. So before anything else, here are the good things that you can get from blogging.

You can express yourself.
I used to be a very shy type of person. I don’t usually talk and get closed to new people around me.  I only have few friends where I can share my stories and laugh with during the happy days of my life. When I started blogging, I’ve learned to express myself through writing.

You can get many friends with same interests.
I only have few circles of friends and most of them are busy with their own jobs, personal life and other things. I felt like I was left alone doing nothing and no progress. When I started blogging, I’ve found new friends around the world. I call them friends not just readers. I always receive good comments and they try to make me happy when I am sad.

You’ll learn new things.
Informative blogs are my favorite. You’ll learn many things not just about blogging, makeup and girly things. You’ll be inspired to travel more, be spontaneous, try new things and be creative compared to your old self.

You’ll get freebies.
This is one of the best things that you can get from blogging. I call them freebies. I felt lucky when a brand sends me a mail asking for collaborations and partnership. I am not saying that I only write good things about brands if they are going to send me freebies and samples but I always write a review of whatever that I like to share with my readers.

You’ll get an invite to the best events in town.
Beauty and fashion events are my favorite. I have been invited once but for me, it was one of the highlights for my blogging career this year and I am looking forward for more. If you want to know more things about it, you can read it here.

You’ll earn money.
Seriously yes. I never thought that you can earn money while blogging but I do believe it now. I have earned few dollars blogging part-time and it’s worth it. I am not into money but, doing the thing that you love while earning is the best job that you can ever have.

So these are just the few of my favorite things about blogging. Do you want to know how I make money through blogging? You should stay tuned because my next post will be all about it.



1 comment:

WritingMeow. Powered by Blogger.