How to balance Work and Blogging



This can be really difficult for people who want to continue blogging while doing their full-time job. As for my personal experiences, I’ve created more than five blogs and being active on it for about one to three months and ends being stagnant after I got a full-time job in a corporate world. Life sucks. I always think about writing, blogging and taking photos with a certain schedule but whenever I say that I will post something on this day, there are things that I have to do first about my job which I cannot set after my blogging journey. C’mon ladies, blogging is my life but I need my day job to support my needs. My blogs don’t even earn a single penny for a month because as what I’ve said, it was stagnant and stuck from the oldest post I’ve written one year six months ago. I think updates and regular schedule should be done so that my blog readers will never feel like I’ve already abandoned my blog. Honestly, I envy those people who have all the time that they need in their life to post every day.

While daily posting on my blog can be great, I don’t think that I’ll achieve it and I think I cannot just do it because my blog is still new. So here are few of the things that I think I can do and some of you who is currently having the same situation can benefit from these ideas.

Grow number of readers.
Okay, since my blog is still new. I would like to focus first on growing my audience. I don’t want to keep on writing about certain topics without even anyone who can see or read it. I feel like I am just wasting my time if nobody will ever notice my blog. I created my blog to share some thing to my readers and if I don’t have readers, then whom can I share these things? I would like to focus more on social media like groups in Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. Reaching out to people with the same niche would be great because they can relate with it.

Writing blog posts ahead of time.
Most bloggers do it. Since I cannot go out every day to look for inspirations and take photos for my blog, I think the better way would be writing some posts ahead of time. For example, I’ve written three blogs posts during the weekend and then those three blog posts will be set to scheduled posts for this coming one whole week and the blog posts that I will be writing every night during weekdays will be set to schedule next week. That means I have three blog posts ahead of time so I won’t worry about skipping anything.

Prioritize.
Work is my life-saver but while it supports my finances, I will never go away from blogging because it makes me happy. I want to deliver the best from my blogging career yet I want to be recognized as one of the best employees on my working place. Whenever I will be in the office, my priority is my job and at night and weekends, I would be up for my blogs. Prioritizing things and setting into proper schedules will be the best thing that I should practice.

Take time to rest.
Working is really tiring as well as blogging. It both consumes time and energy whenever we are thinking and writing. Sometimes when it is the time for my blogging duties, I feel too lazy to move during weekend and thinking about getting more sleep and doing nothing. I don’t want to force myself in doing things that I don’t really want and I think it is good. We all need proper sleep, healthy diet and going out with friends.






No comments:

WritingMeow. Powered by Blogger.